Projects, particularly, complex ones, require the collaboration between specialists from various disciplines and, most likely different countries. Despite of scope and importance of those projects, the interaction in the relevant project teams often lacks both effectiveness (“doing the right things”) and efficiency (“doing things right). This happens because the team members, being representatives of different disciplines, countries or/and cultures, seem to think, judge, and speak in different tongues. Additionally, poor communication skills, the disuse of effective teamwork approaches, techniques and rules as well as low intercultural competencies become serious obstacles to effective and efficient teamwork. The consequences are constant misunderstandings and frictions, unsteady workflow and unequal distribution of workload between team members, low performance and slight variety of ideas, loss of motivation and inspiration, and, in worst case, conflicts. All that, finally, leads to rather poor performance and results.
To increase effectiveness and efficiency of teamwork through understanding its dynamics, and then practicing its basic algorithm, techniques and rules while working on the team’s subjects.
- Practical experience of facilitated teamwork sequences and activities followed by discussion of:
- Problems of communication in groups of people
- Mistakes in team discussions
- Characteristics of effective discussions
- Effects of facilitated discussions
- Basic principle of social interaction
- Constructive vs. destructive behaviors in teamwork
- Constructive vs. destructive regulation of emotions
- Constructive vs. destructive feedback techniques
- Rules, algorithm, techniques and skills, as well as roles of efficient team collaboration
Expected effects aside from the goal:
- Projects accomplished successfully and within the given time frame
- Higher competencies in effective/efficient teamwork
- Higher awareness of cross-cultural differences and competencies in their proper handling
- Higher self-awareness as representative of one’s own company and country
- Positive impact on the international market of competition and collaboration
Project teams of 5-15 participants.
Duration: 3 days – if part of a more complex project;
4 blocks of 2 – 2 – 2 – 2 days – if used as a stand-alone solution.